Ian Waters – ABA Solutions
Ian’s career started in the building industry 35 years ago.
After 15 years building in the commercial and domestic markets, he moved to local government where he spent 20 years as Manager Civic Buildings at Manningham City Council.
Ian has extensive experience in facility management and developing asset maintenance regimes across all types of local government building assets.
Ian has also overseen major capital works projects and led multi-disciplinary teams to ensure building works achieve service delivery outcomes.
Ian has been involved with master plans, building assessments, and ensuring the current and future needs of communities are met.
Ian is passionate about delivering outcomes that respond to the service, social, financial, and environmental objectives of his clients
Ian’s experience and means he provides valuable insight to all stages of asset planning and development, particularly in terms of the implications for ongoing asset maintenance and upgrade.
Areas of Expertise
- Building condition reports
- Cyclic Maintenance Programs
- Structural Assessments
- Life cycle costing
- Mechanical services contract preparation and management
- Development of essential safety measures
- Establishment of processes and procedures to extend life of buildings
- Develop business cases for building projects
- Project management and delivery of capital works from conception through to completion
- Active member of Capital Works Steering Committee
- Development of ‘Best Design Guide’ to assist architects in construction detail, design and specifications
Policies and procedures
- Asset management systems and protocols
- Maintenance policies
Examples of Projects
- Project Management of plant upgrades of the Richmond and Fitzroy Aquatic Centres ($420K)
- Project Manager Buildings Consultant Placement – Yarra City Council (2010-2012)
- Project Management of the Collingwood Leisure Centre redevelopment ( $8m )
- Project Management of the Fitzroy Pool Co – Generation Plant installation ($433K)
- Project Management of the Lourdes Community Hub Project ( $8.5m )
- Aquarena Aquatic and Leisure Facility Master Plan implementation – Project Management
- Ajani Centre (community centre) – Design development and construction project management
- Manningham Community Services Integrated Service Plan
- Integrated Infrastructure Asset Management System – Manningham City Council
- Doncaster temporary library design, construction and project management.
- ‘One stop shop for facilities’ Plan – Manningham Community Facilities