Lesley has been a senior planning and policy consultant for the past 11 years, having previously managed a large recreation and parks port folio for the Yarra Ranges council in Melbourne.
Lesley’s has worked with metropolitan, rural, and regional councils on a diverse range of projects. As a result she understands the complexity of issues that face government in planning for community needs. It also means she brings insight and understanding to her various project management roles.
Lesley provides consultancy support to the local government, community and not-for-profit sectors and is recognised for her ability to sensitively but directly address project issues and bring stakeholders together.
She has developed a reputation for working with communities to identify and resolve underlying issues and barriers that often prevent projects achieving their potential. She is also known for identifying key issues and developing strategies that respond to these in a practical and achievable way.
Lesley specialises in strategic planning with a focus of recreation, community, open space and health and wellbeing planning and policy writing.
A particular area of expertise is writing, in particular converting documents and reports into plain English and teaching plain English writing.
Areas of Expertise
Strategic planning specialising in recreation/leisure, open space (e.g. trails, parks), health and wellbeing (e.g. municipal public health plans), community planning, specialised facilities (e.g. skate/BMX planning, equestrian facilities) community houses/centres.
- Recreation/leisure precinct planning, including for recreation/leisure hubs, recreation/sport reserves, and play spaces
- Dog park/dogs in open space planning and policy
- Project management including stakeholder and contractor management and co-ordination
- Plain English Writing including specialist skills in report, policy, submission, presentation, and speech writing, and converting documents into plain English
- Policy writing
- Community consultation discussion forums, workshops, and listening posts
- Meeting Facilitation
- Survey design, analysis and co-ordination including online surveys
- Facility planning including, feasibility assessment and community hub planning